Emirates Islamic announces charitable and community initiatives during holy month of Ramadan
May 07, 2019
Emirates Islamic, one of the leading Islamic financial institutions in the UAE, is observing the holy month of Ramadan with several charitable, humanitarian and community initiatives, in keeping with the spirit of faith and generosity during the blessed period, and the Year of Tolerance, as announced by His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the President of the UAE.
The Emirates Islamic Charity Fund is working with various charitable and humanitarian organisations to carry out activities across the UAE, in line with the bank’s mission to support the community it serves during the holy month.
- Emirates Islamic’s Charity Fund, together with Sharjah Charity International distributed 236 Meer Ramadan (essential foodstuff and commodities regularly needed during the holy month of Ramadan) to families in need in Sharjah.
- In collaboration with Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Foundation, Emirates Islamic Charity Fund distributed 11,300 iftar meals at various tents across the UAE. Emirates Islamic also collaborated with the foundation to distribute Zakat of AED 500,000 to families in need and people with limited income.
- In addition, the Charity Fund will distribute 130 iftar meals daily to Emirates Islamic support staff.
- Furthermore, in cooperation with Sharjah Police General Directorate, the Emirates Islamic Charity Fund aided in the release of five inmates from jails before the start of the holy month by settling their debts to allow them to spend Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr with their families.
- Emirates Islamic and the Department of Islamic Affairs & Charitable Activities will also jointly organise various Ramadan activities and initiatives.
- Moreover, the bank will work with the Tarahum Charity Foundation to distribute Zakat and clothing to needy families across the country through field visits.
- Emirates Islamic will also continue to be one of the gold sponsors of the honourable Dubai International Holy Quran Award held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
- Furthermore, Emirates Islamic, in collaboration with Beit Al Khair, distributed AED 1 million from its Zakat Fund to families in need across the country as well as coupons to provide them with essential foodstuff and commodities regularly needed during the holy month of Ramadan.
- In addition, Emirates Islamic will contribute AED 300,000 to Ajman University to financially support graduates who are not eligible for a university degree due to their financial dues.
- Finally, Emirates Islamic has contributed AED 2 million to Al Faraj Fund to provide assistance to prison inmates in the UAE, who have been involved in financial cases.
Awatif Al Harmoodi, General Manager, Operational Governance, Emirates Islamic who is responsible for the management of the Emirates Islamic Charity Fund commented: “The holy month of Ramadan is an ideal opportunity to extend a helping hand to the less fortunate in society, in line with the Islamic values of compassion and generosity. This Ramadan, Emirates Islamic continues to honour the humanitarian legacy of the country’s founding fathers and leaders by expanding its charitable with various initiatives aimed at giving back to the community.”