Important - Central Bank UAEFTS Purpose code changes for AED payments (local and international).
In line with UAE Central Bank revised guidelines, UAEFTS Payment purpose codes (transaction codes) are being modified for both local and international payments in AED Currency effective from 30th September 2017, as detailed below:
- Introduction of new transaction codes in UAEFTS system for processing AED payments to UAE and Non UAE banks.
- Deletion of transaction codes 'Remittances (REM)', 'Miscellaneous (MIS)', 'Standing Order (STO)' and 'Cross Border Payment (CBP)'.
How does this affect you?Going forward, all AED payments should have a valid transaction code from the updated purpose codes list provided by UAE Central Bank and any transaction using the deleted codes will be rejected.
Therefore, whenever you transfer funds to other banks in the UAE, you are required to do the following:
For Online Banking
With effect from 30th September 2017, any Standing Instructions with missing or invalid purpose codes (as mentioned above) will be rejected by the bank. Please review and update your existing Standing Instructions to make sure revised purpose codes are updated. Kindly note amendment of purpose codes through Online Banking is possible only for Standing Instruction that were set up through Online Banking channel or else, please visit your nearest branch.
Kindly note amendment of purpose codes through Online Banking is possible only for Standing Instruction that were set up through Online Banking. For others, please visit your nearest branch.
For businessONLINE payments (for Companies only)
New transaction codes will be listed under transaction type option on businessONLINE. Please select appropriate code from the list.
- From 30th September 2017, 'REM', 'MIS', 'STO' and 'CBP' will no longer exist in UAEFTS system. These codes need to be replaced with specific transaction codes given in CB list.
- Please arrange to update the latest codes in your accounts payable system (AP)/ERP for generating the payment file with correct transaction codes.
- In case your file does not contain the transaction type field, the field will need to be included in the file template on businessONLINE. Our implementation team will get in touch with you to agree on the date from which the field will need to be included in your file.
- In case the field does not exist or uses incorrect codes from 30th September 2017, the file will get rejected on upload.
Existing transaction templates saved for AED payments need to be updated with new transaction codes when the transactions are initiated using saved templates.
For Manual Payment Request (for Companies only)
Using TT forms/Company Letter heads:
Please arrange to provide new transaction codes for all payments requested in AED. With effect from 30th September 2017 any transactions submitted using REM, MIS, STO and CBP transaction codes will be rejected/returned
Please review and update your existing Standing Instructions setup with the bank to make sure they include the updated transaction codes. With effect from 30th September 2017, any Standing Instructions with missing or invalid transaction codes will be rejected by the bank.
For clarifications related to Business Banking, please contact 04 316 0080.
For clarifications related to individual customers, please visit any Emirates Islamic branch.